Watch a sample episode:
Dr. Data’s rap music video:
ABOUT THE DR. DATA SHOW
In 2018, Dr. Data, aka Eric Siegel, broke the mold for data science infotainment, captivating the planet with short webisodes that cover the very best of machine learning and predictive analytics.
EPISODESor click below to select individual episodes:
- Why Is Machine Learning the Coolest Science? (September 25, 2018 – full transcript)
- How Can You Trust AI? (October 15, 2018 – full transcript)
- What the Hell Does “Data Science” Really Mean? Dr. Data’s Buzzword Smackdown (November 5, 2018 – full transcript)
- Deathwatch: Five Reasons Computers Predict When You Will Die (December 3, 2018 – full transcript)
- Why Vegetarians Miss Fewer Flights – Five Bizarre Insights from Data (January 7, 2019 – full transcript)
- Why Ice Cream Is Linked to Shark Attacks – Correlation/Causation Smackdown (January 14, 2019 – full transcript)
- A.I. Is a Big Fat Lie (January 22, 2019 – full transcript)
- Five Ways Your Safety Depends on Machine Learning (February 5, 2019 – full transcript)
- Persuasion Paradox: How Computers Optimize their Influence on You (February 12, 2019 – full transcript)
- Five Reasons to Go to Machine Learning Week 2020 – June in Vegas (January 2, 2020 – full transcript)
For more information related to the final “Persuasion Paradox” episode, see this uplift modeling article.
ABOUT DR. DATA (ERIC SIEGEL)
Eric Siegel, Ph.D., is a leading consultant and former Columbia University professor who makes machine learning understandable and captivating. He is the founder of the long-running Predictive Analytics World and the Deep Learning World conference series, which have served more than 17,000 attendees since 2009, the instructor of the end-to-end, business-oriented Coursera specialization “Machine learning for Everyone”, a popular speaker who’s been commissioned for more than 100 keynote addresses, and executive editor of The Machine Learning Times. He authored the bestselling Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die, which has been used in courses at more than 35 universities, and he won teaching awards when he was a professor at Columbia University, where he sang educational songs to his students. Eric also publishes op-eds on analytics and social justice. Follow him at @predictanalytic.
Produced by Prediction Impact, Inc.
Hosted by Eric Siegel, Ph.D.
Written by Eric Siegel, Ph.D.
Edited by Gianmarco Lubiana, Kego Media
Dr. Data splash image design by Matt Kornhaas
Dr. Data emoji by Gertie Siegel
Song written by Eric Siegel
Song produced by Neil Cleary
Elevator music version: Hughie Stone Fish
Song video, downloads, lyrics, info
ABOUT PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS WORLD
Founded by Eric “Dr. Data” Siegel, Predictive Analytics World is the leading cross-vendor conference series covering the commercial deployment of machine learning and predictive analytics. PAW featuring several events annually in the U.S. and Europe, including its annual flagship Machine Learning Week, which brings together five industry-focused conferences at once: PAW Business, PAW Financial, PAW Industry 4.0, PAW Healthcare, and Deep Learning World. For more information, see the PAW website.