Watch the latest episode:
Dr. Data’s rap music video:
ABOUT THE DR. DATA SHOW
In 2018, Dr. Data, aka Eric Siegel, broke the mold for data science infotainment, captivating the planet with short webisodes that cover the very best of machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Why Is Machine Learning the Coolest Science? (September 25, 2018 – full transcript)
- How Can You Trust AI? (October 15, 2018 – full transcript)
- What the Hell Does “Data Science” Really Mean? Dr. Data’s Buzzword Smackdown (November 5, 2018 – full transcript)
- Deathwatch: Five Reasons Computers Predict When You Will Die (December 3, 2018 – full transcript)
- Why Vegetarians Miss Fewer Flights – Five Bizarre Insights from Data (January 7, 2019 – full transcript)
- Why Ice Cream Is Linked to Shark Attacks – Correlation/Causation Smackdown (January 14, 2019 – full transcript)
- A.I. Is a Big Fat Lie (January 22, 2019 – full transcript)
- Five Reasons to Go to Mega-PAW, the Premier Machine Learning Conference (January 29, 2019 – full transcript)
- Five Ways Your Safety Depends on Machine Learning (February 5, 2019 – full transcript)
- Persuasion Paradox: How Computers Optimize their Influence on You (February 12, 2019 – full transcript)
For more information related to the final “Persuasion Paradox” episode, see this uplift modeling article.
ABOUT DR. DATA (ERIC SIEGEL)
Eric Siegel, Ph.D., founder of the Predictive Analytics World (13k attendees since 2009) and Deep Learning World conference series, and executive editor of The Predictive Analytics Times, makes the how and why of predictive analytics (aka machine learning) understandable and captivating. In addition to being the author of Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die, Eric is a former Columbia University professor who used to sing to his students, and a renowned speaker and educator who’s been commissioned for more than 80 keynote addresses by these industries: ad tech, construction, e-commerce, environmentalism, financial services, government, healthcare, human resources, insurance, law, manufacturing, market research, marketing, news media, pharmaceuticals, restaurants, real estate, and travel.
He has appeared on Bloomberg TV and Radio, Business News Network (Canada), Fox News, Israel National Radio, National Geographic Breakthrough, NPR Marketplace, Radio National (Australia), and TheStreet. Eric and his book have been featured in Big Think, Businessweek, CBS MoneyWatch, Contagious Magazine, The European Business Review, The Financial Times, Forbes, Forrester, Fortune, GQ, Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, The New York Review of Books, The New York Times, Newsweek, Quartz, Salon, The San Francisco Chronicle, Scientific American, The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and WSJ MarketWatch. Follow him at @predictanalytic.
Produced by Prediction Impact, Inc.
Hosted by Eric Siegel, Ph.D.
Written by Eric Siegel, Ph.D.
Edited by Gianmarco Lubiana, Kego Media
Dr. Data splash image design by Matt Kornhaas
Dr. Data emoji by Gertie Siegel
Song written by Eric Siegel
Song produced by Neil Cleary
Elevator music version: Hughie Stone Fish
Song video, downloads, lyrics, info
ABOUT PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS WORLD
Founded by Eric “Dr. Data” Siegel, Predictive Analytics World is the leading cross-vendor conference series covering the commercial deployment of machine learning and predictive analytics. PAW featuring several events annually in the U.S. and Europe, including its annual flagship Mega-PAW Vegas, which brings together five industry-focused conferences at once: PAW Business, PAW Financial, PAW Industry 4.0, PAW Healthcare, and Deep Learning World. For more information, see the PAW website.