- * = required fields
For which upcoming Machine Learning Week conference or conferences should your submission be considered?
100 word maximum. This should be the complete description as it will appear in the conference program if your submission is accepted (see a sample PAW program for examples
If this is a case study, do you have authority to share the name of the company, i.e., the organization that benefited, within both your presentation materials and in the publicized conference program? Note that this question applies whether the company is your client or your affiliation. Your answer to this yes/no question pertains to the company name you enter in the the immediately following field below. Answering "yes" greatly increases the potential to have your speaking submission approved - however, you must only answer "yes" if you have already secured the authorization to name the company.
Name of company to which case study pertains (if it is your affiliation, name the company here as well as under "Affiliation" below). Please note that, if you are an analytics vendor or consultancy, in most cases, this field is not meant to be your company name - the field only applies if you will disclose and discuss the end-using organization that achieves value with the deployment of machine learning. If you are a vendor, for example, this may be one of your clients. This distinction also pertains to the two yes/no questions immediately above - 50 chars maximum.
Primary modeling or machine learning method employed - this information is collected for internal use and will not appear in your session title or description unless you include it in the pertinent fields above. If you are an analytics services vendor that works primarily or exclusively with one analytics software vendor, indicate this and name the software vendor (required) - 50 chars maximum.
Secondary modeling or machine learning method employed - this information is collected for internal use and will not appear in your session title or description unless you include it in the pertinent fields above - 50 chars maximum.
Primary modeling or machine learning software tool employed - this information is collected for internal use only and, according to PAW policy, may not appear in your session title or description unless it is a free tool - 50 chars maximum.
Secondary modeling or machine learning software tool employed - this information is collected for internal use only and, according to PAW policy, may not appear in your session title or description unless it is a free tool.
For which audience level would your presentation be a better fit: "Expert/practitioner" or "All levels"? Most event sessions are labelled as one or the other. Instead of choosing, you may indicate that either would work for you, and/or indicate a degree of preference. You also may optionally include more specific audience requirements, or other related comments. Note that "All levels" sessions are not necessarily more popular sessions; more than half of the event attendees are hands-on practitioners, many of whom look to "Expert/practitioner" sessions for primary content.
If you are not the speaker (e.g., an agent, assistant, or PR staff), your email is required here, in addition to the speaker's direct email address in the field just above.
Speaker bio - 150 word maximum. This should be your complete bio, in paragraph form, as it will appear in the conference program if your submission is accepted (see prior PAW speakers
for examples). The bio should be written in third person. If you have previously spoken at PAW, please begin this field with, "PREVIOUS SPEAKER" (this phrase will not be included in your bio).
Speaking experience, a sentence on the quantitative evaluation results and/or project ROI you will present, and any other information, such as references (optional) or a second speaker. If you are proposing a co-presenter, provide name, affiliation, bio and email address. Note that co-presenters are only permitted if they will provide substantive content; co-presenters intended only for introductions, formalities or vendor information are not permitted. If your co-presenter has previously spoken at a PAW event, please include, "PREVIOUS SPEAKER" (this phrase will not be included in her or his bio).
- NOTE: If for some reason you do not receive an emailed submission confirmation within three hours after submission - a very rare or non-existent occurrence - please check your SPAM folder, re-submit your proposal with this form, and email ; be certain to retain a copy of all your field entries above for your records.
Click the "Submit" button below only if you agree to the following speaker requirements and restrictions:
- Vendor-neutral content. Your presentation may contain no "sales pitches" or sales-oriented material. Although positive exposure is generally a natural side-effect of presenting at PAW, your session must focus entirely (with the exception of a brief, "non-salesy" mention of the software solution employed, if relevant) on substantive content that the audience can implement and benefit from without necessarily buying any particular product or professional service.
- Completed work. The work about which you are proposing to speak must be completed, and any pertinent results attained, prior to submitting the speaker submission form.
- Named case study. If your submission indicates you have authority to share the name of the organization or department that benefited from the deployment of machine learning, you must attain, prior to submitting the speaker submission form, such authorization, both for it to be named within your presentation materials, as well as within PAW's event publicity materials and listings. If for any reason the organization subsequently revokes authorization to be named (i.e., "changes its mind"), the session will be cancelled from the PAW program.
- Travel expenses. PAW does not have a budget to cover speaker travel expenses. Speakers are responsible for their own travel expenses. You certify that you have secured funds (or secured authorization for such funds, where applicable) to fully cover your travel expenses as needed in order to attend the event at which you are proposing to speak.
- Speaker cancellation. You certify that you have the means and opportunity to attend and present at the PAW event at which you are proposing to speak, and that you have attained any pertinent authorization, such as that of your employer, prior to submitting the speaker submission form. If your submission to speak at PAW is accepted, cancellation subsequent to PAW speaker registration for any non-medical reason is against PAW policy and is considered an infraction against meeting your professional obligations. If your submission is accepted, PAW will rely on your participation and will turn away qualified speakers in favor of including your session. PAW begins publicizing your session immediately upon confirmation in order to attract attendees to the event. If medical conditions preclude your attendance at PAW, you agree to make best efforts to notify PAW as early as possible; in such a case, while assistance finding a replacement speaker is requested and appreciated, PAW must screen any prospective replacement speaker, and retains the right to find a replacement speaker on its own.
- Agents and PR staff. If the person completing the speaker submission form is not the speaker (e.g., an agent, assistant, or PR staff), you must enter both your email address as well as the speaker's, as indicated on the submission form. You certify that you are authorized as an agent to submit the speaker proposal form on her or his behalf, and that the speaker has been consulted regarding, and is willing to agree to, the provisions listed here; upon acceptance, the speaker her- or himself will be required to explicitly agree to these provisions via the PAW Speaker Agreement.
- Co-presenters. If not included within your speaker submission, co-presenters may only participate at PAW after attaining prior permission from PAW, and after they have undertaken PAW speaker registration.
- Client co-presenters. If you are an analytics services vendor or consultant co-presenting with a client, per PAW policy, the cancellation of your co-presenter will result in the cancellation of your overall session.
- Session length. You agree to participate in a speaking slot ranging from 20 to 45 minutes, at the discretion of PAW, as determined by its conference program constraints and requirements.