Monday October 17th, 2011 in New York City
Full-day: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Fundamentals and Use Cases
This workshop is designed to prepare newcomers to attend Predictive Analytics World’s 2-day conference program.
- Managers: Project leaders, directors, vice presidents, marketing manager, product manager, finance managers and managers of any kind involved with data driven decision making
- Analysts: Marketing analysts, product analysts, financial analysts and business analysts who want to be more effective in having an impact via data/analysis
- Technology experts: Data analysts, BI directors, developers, DBAs, data warehousers, web analysts, and consultants who wish to extend their expertise to business/predictive analytics
Background Required: Basics of business, and an interest in leveraging data as an asset.
Data is your most valuable asset. It represents the entire history of your organization and its interactions with customers. Predictive analytics taps this rich vein of experience in order to delivers a predictive score for each individual customer, or other organizational element. These customer predictions deliver more relevant content to each customer, improving response rates, click rates, buying behavior, retention and overall profit. Each customer's predictive score informs actions to be taken with that customer – business intelligence just doesn't get more actionable than that.
In this workshop, attendees gain operational familiarity with the power of predictive analytics. Topics covered include:
Predictive analytics methods: Overview of commonly used predictive analytics techniques, mapped to business objective. Learn where each method can be most effectively applied, and how to determine which method will deliver the greatest impact, given the business scenario.
Test-and-Learn analytics: Overview of test design, evaluating results in business terms and bottom lines, incorporating statistical significance and confidence intervals computation.
Use cases: Attendees are guided through business cases from Fortune 500 companies where predictive analytics was applied to solve challenging business problems. The use cases demonstrate how to:
- Increase ROI for marketing campaigns with response models
- Improve product adoption and increase profitability with next best product models
- Increase online conversion with regression models
- Decrease churn and enhance customer experience with a net promoter score model
- Increase the marketable universe with propensity models
- Optimize profitability with customized product offering using micro segmentation
- Increase customer retention through churn/attrition models
- Improve budget and resource planning using revenue forecasting models
- Optimize offers and reduce losses using customer life time value models
Demonstration of Step-by-Step Modeling: With live software examples, attendees are guided through building of Decision Trees and Logistic Regression models using the analytics software KnowledgeSTUDIO® by Jorge Bercianos, a Senior Consultant with Angoss Software Corporation.
- Workshop starts at 9:00am
- Morning Coffee Break at 10:30am - 11:00am
- Lunch provided at 12:00pm – 1:15pm
- Afternoon Coffee Break at 2:30pm - 3:00pm
- End of the Workshop: 4:30pm
- 30-day trial license of Angoss' KnowledgeSTUDIO®
- Free Template: Statistical Significance Worksheet
- A course materials folder
- An official Certificate of Completion (at the conclusion of the workshop)
Piyanka Jain, CEO, Aryng.com
Piyanka Jain is a thought leader in analytics, speaking regularly at conferences and consistently being recognized as the "Best Speaker" in Business and Analytics conferences such as Predictive Analytics World, Integrated Business Planning and Business Performance Conference.
Piyanka's interest lies in deriving actionable insights from data to enable informed trade-offs and decision making. She enjoys problem solving and finds herself driven towards empowering business professionals to make better data driven business decision through Aryng's "Data to Decisions"™ framework she teaches. With Aryng, she is creating an organization to drive business transformation through the power of analytics.
Before founding Aryng, she was heading the NA Business Analytics at PayPal, leading strategic analytics, managing and setting agenda for the team, defining strategic roadmap to find NA business drivers. At PayPal, she and her team have delivered several high impact projects including product portfolio analysis, merchant lifecycle analysis, Voice of Customer analysis, Next Best Product Model for Merchant with $84+ mm revenue impact.
Prior to this, Piyanka drove direct measurable revenue impact of $18 mm through Strategic/Marketing analytics in partnership with Adobe Product Marketing and Relationship Marketing team. Within Marketing Operations and Analytics department, her role was to lead the organization into learning more about their products and customers through establishing appropriate engagement model with BU and rigorous mining of data. Within Relationship Marketing, Piyanka and her team's role involved designing and analyzing campaigns, creating and executing appropriate segmentation and targeting strategy, Fine tuning messaging, creatives and offers by Test & Control and improving targeting and increasing marketable universe by building response models and propensity models.
Before Adobe, Piyanka co-founded Out of Box Media in 2003. The company's first Ad Campaign started with Chinese boxes and then grew to incorporate other types of containers including Pizza boxes, cake boxes etc, delivering up to 2% campaign response rates.
Piyanka enjoys networking with other industry professionals, sharing and learning about technical and organizational challenges and solutions.
- Testimonial from a recent Aryng training participant:
"I feel redeemed! The training content and the quality has been excellent. The case studies and real life business examples accompanying every theoretical concept makes understanding so much easier. The interactive learning environment makes this program all the more enjoyable while learning from others experiences as well. This course has given me totally new perspective, boosted confidence, Highly recommended!!"
Puneet Sharma, Senior Manager, PayPal
Puneet is a creative, awards-winning leader with nearly 15 years’ track record of spearheading/executing highly effective marketing and product strategy initiatives in financial /consulting industries, especially as they relate to consumer behavior. His expertise is in driving strategy through consumer insights, deep analytics, and by providing actionable recommendations for effective change execution. With his leadership background he has spearheaded many analytics-based initiatives in the financial space (PayPal, Capital One, and HSBC) that have transformed how consumer-based retail business in this space can capture lucrative & previously unclaimed opportunities.
- Define Strategy: Working with senior execs, define business goals and ID what strategy will provide a competitive edge in the emerging financial markets. Translate strategy into action plans. In his role at HSBC as VP Marketing/Product Strategy Puneet led a team to spearhead a number of aggressive initiatives to overcome suddenly tanked consumer-credit market during the worst known financial crisis, creating a recovery plan that delivered exceptionally high returns and revenues
- ID Opportunities: During periods of uncertainty identify what changes need to be made to exploit that uncertainty and establish new avenues to capitalize on future events based on emerging trends. At PayPal Puneet spearheaded an initiative for drivers of conversion and in addressing consumer pain points in checkout flow through advanced analytics, which resulted in identifying three new actionable customer pain points worth $20M
- Build Teams: Puneet builds highly impactful teams from loose coalitions and inspire them for action through autonomy, leadership, and purpose. These teams deliver the exceptional, not just the expected
- Deliver Results: Teaming with senior execs, socialize new initiatives and then communicate them to all stakeholders. Prepare detailed plans and execute flawlessly to deliver what was promised
Jorge Bercianos, Senior Consultant, Angoss
Jorge Bercianos is a Senior Consultant with Angoss Software Corporation, a leading provider of predictive analytics software and solutions. Jorge has been active in the data mining and business intelligence fields for the last 15 years. At Angoss, Jorge has been responsible for numerous client projects in the areas of CRM and Credit Risk management. In this role, he would work with clients to translate their business needs into concrete data mining objectives, defining an analytical strategy that can deliver actionable business results and increase customer insight. He also helped develop the Angoss Educational program and frequently trains customers on the effective use of predictive analytics techniques using the Angoss platform. Prior to Angoss, Jorge worked at IBM Global Services as a Specialist in data mining and data management. He is the co-author of the book "DB2 OLAP Server Theory and Practices" published by IBM in 2001.
*Rooms are subject to change