Statements of Testimony: What PAW Attendees Say
"Great job from all speakers! Will definitely be back next year!"
"Predictive Analytics World does an excellent job of bringing together the cutting edge of anlytics innovation along with clear case studies detailing real world analytics applications."
Industry Principal, Automotive
"Great conference! The Uplift Modeling methodology was clearly explained, and is applicable to so many areas -- PAW is an important vehicle for highlighting this important methodology. It has the potential to radically improve a number of areas. The examples for applying this to healthcare improvement were great to see."
"Another solid keynote from Eric Siegel"
"I was energized by the presentations at PAW and inspired to look at my own analytics challenges and objectives in a new light. My thanks to Eric Siegel and his team for putting together a strong line-up of speakers from diverse industries and government."
Social Media Manager
"A Insightful and enriching conference. Great actionable tips from the experts to start up predictive analytics. Certainly worth the time to be here."
Singapore General Hospital
"Predictive Analytics World brings vast experience from different industries. Learn a lot of business insights and modeling techniques. "
Sr Data Warehouse Architect
"First time attending. Excellent conference! Great opportunity to enhance technical skills and ascertain industry trends. I felt immersed in an estuary of professionals applying analytics to numerous applications."
Paul Mlakar Jr
"Predictive analytics world is a great opportunity to get the best practices to combine art and science, improving the decision making processes."
Business Analytics Director
Grupo Bimbo (Mexico)
"2013 Predictive Analytics World was the first conference I have attended. I learned a great deal of information and best practices to which I will be able to apply to my own work. I will definitely be recommending this conference to others in my industry."
Web Analytics Co-Op
"This vendor neutral conference always gives me tangible ideas I can put to work right away."
Data Analytics Scientist
"Predictive Analytics World is an excellent investment. You will pick up practical tips and techniques from practitioners and learn how 'analytics is done right' from those on the leading edge. It's great to network with people from many different backgrounds and learn about their approaches (and challenges) to tackling the Big Data problem."
"The Predictive Analytics World conference definitely furthered my knowledge and sent me back to work with new ideas to play with. It was great to hear from some of the most prominent minds in the field and to be able to pick their brains and hopefully learn from the successes and mistakes they shared."
"PAWCON offers analytics practitioners a forward looking perspective of the impact predictive technologies will have on people, processes and business outcomes."
Talent Analytics, Corp.
"If data science is the sexiest job of the XXI century PAW is a sexy place to be."
"Predictive Analytics World provided the opportunity to learn relevant, leading approaches from a myriad of industries and functions."
"People who are in analytics must join Predictive Analytics World and see the state of the art projects."
Avea Telecommunication Services, Turkey
"Predictive Analytics World did a great job keeping up with the trends in Predictive Modeling. There were also plenty of opportunities to learn about the most valuable resources available to data scientists."
Modeling and Analytics Director
"Great speakers, interesting content, and great networking. PAW conferences are among my favorite analytic events!"
Karl Rexer, PhD
"This conference exposed me to real practitioners and how they are making impact on their business using Predictive Analytics technologies."
"Predictive Analytics World is a great place to learn specifics on how other companies are using predictive modeling."
"Predictive Analytics World in Chicago provided an excellent opportunity to network with peers, learn from hands-on user presentations and meet some of the top vendors in this industry."
Director, Marketing Analytics
United Stationers, Inc.
"Having spoken at Predictive Analytics World in London and Chicago, I recommend this conference for any level of interest in predictive or data science. The organizers and topics provide applied knowledge, and the optional training provides conceptual foundation. This conference series is great for networking too."
Data Mining Architect
"The PAW conferences are the "hottest thing going" in the Predictive Analytic field. PAW consistently searches out the "crest of the wave" in how PA is being used, or about to be used in new areas and gets people from these fields to present at the meetings. EXCELLENT! The Entire PAW crew and Rising Media "customer sensitive" and listen to what is needed to allow all people to "put their best foot forward"!"
Gary D. Miner, Ph.D.,
Senior Statistical & Data Mining Consultant
"This is the best conference for predictive analytic modelers."
Predictive Analytics Scientist
"Hands down, best applied analytics conference I have ever attended. Great exposure to cutting-edge predictive techniques and I was able to turn around and apply some of those learnings to my work immediately. I've never been able to say that after any conference I've attended before!"
"The advantage of Predictive Analytics World to other conferences is that it's sponsor-neutral, thereby most of the effort goes into the promotion of various data mining techniques and not to a specific software."
Senior Marketing Analyst
"Predictive Analytics World is one of the premier concentrations of industry vendors and practitioners each year; this rare opportunity to learn from and network with colleagues at this scale shouldn't be missed."
Senior Data Scientist
"Go for the classes, stay for the conference."
"PA conference presented and discussed an extensive continum of state of the art high-tech predictive analytics algorithms."
Director, Predictive Analytics
"If you want to know how the top practitioners and companies drive impact in business through Predictive Analytics, come to PAW!! No theory, just Actions…"
"Thank you for putting on a great conference at Predictive Analytics World. I'm a relatively new convert to the world of predictive analytics and to see the applications and possibilities that they present – as well as the excellent workshop led by Dr. Elder – fills me with great enthusiasm and ideas for the development of it within my company and the positive impacts it will have on our clients."
"This event brought together all people involved with predictive analytics: analysts, consultants, corporate clients, software and hardware vendors. All participants shared their views on what is hot in Predictive Analytics World, both through thought-stimulating talks and rich, prolific networking. With its focus on innovation in methodology, applications and implementation, the event met the highest expectations and provided a rewarding experience for all participants."
"I came to PAW because it provides case studies relevant to my industry. It has lived up to the expectation and I think it's the best analytics conference I've ever attended!"
Senior Data Mining Analyst
"If you want to find out the latest advances in the field, what others are doing and how you can improve the analytics decisions in your company, this is the place to be."
Manager of Strategy and Insights
"If you want to unlock the power of predictive analytics in financial services, this event is a must!"
Beyond the Arc, Inc.
"This was a unique event, a powerhouse meeting of some of the finest minds in the Predictive Analytics industry. Unmissable."
Predictive Analytics Consultant
"For someone with very little knowledge of data mining/predictive analytics coming into the conference, PAW was of immense value to understand the direction the industry is headed and the value-add with using these techniques."
Information Resource Inc (IRI)
"I am a practitioner of data analytics. I have participated many academia centric conferences before, but I was not happy with the content. Predictive Analytics World is all about real life business application and the well-selected speakers really talked about how to solve the problems. It was truly helpful and was really exciting. If I were to choose one conference in the future, I choose PAW."
Kajiwara IT Consulting Inc
"I found this year's  Predictive Analytics World to be such an interesting show... the attendees were thrilled to learn about the actual applications and their impact on business... this year's Predictive Analytics World offered technical experts a way to communicate the usefulness of their activity to other professionals."
Dir. Strategic Product Management & Competitive Strategy
As stated in his blog
"PAW has enabled our further validation and pursuit for creating more meaningful correlations between Social Media behavioral data and other KPIs. I was really excited about the quality of content and the perspective shared by the speakers. I felt like a kid in a candy store with access to so many great minds in one place with such a willingness to share their experiences."
Managing Partner, Socialscape
"I'm really blown away by the quality of the presentations and presenters... conference is setting new standards!"
Jos van Dongen
Associate & Principal
DeltIQ Group, The Netherlands
"I have been impressed at the quality of the talks at the PAW shows I've attended. Most speakers give a talk from a practitioners viewpoint aimed at other practitioners. There is not much in the way of high level introductory talks that would be too easy for the audience. Also there is not much in the way of very deep, technical research talks that wouldn't be applicable to what the audience does day to day. PAW has been able to get a really good mix of content... I've seen a lot of shows that totally miss the mark. Predictive Analytics World is not one of them."
Chief Analytics Officer
As stated in this blog interview
"Attending the Predictive Analytics World Conference is truly a rewarding experience... such an interesting cast of case studies and speakers."
As stated in his blog
"Cutting costs using predictive analytics is not science fiction; PAW showed us the path - top companies demonstrated reality."
Santhosh Kumar Shanmugam
"PAW offers the rare chance to discuss challenges in customer analytics with international professionals and thought leaders. Thanks to its business-focus, it is a great place to share experiences from on- and offline projects."
"I felt that PAW was one-of-a-kind. Typically any type of thought leadership conference might be 90% generalized or theoretical sessions, whereas PAW was almost all strategic/tactical sessions. It is the only conference I have attended thus far that has challenged me to take my strategic and analytical thinking to the next level. I think that is the value.
It is easy in this field to be in a situation where your team needs to be its own catalyst for change/forward momentum/thought leadership, and this conference provided that. If you are looking to lead your organization to the next level analytically, PAW will give the best return on time and investment.
Personally, I will be hiring 1-2 analysts this year to support my team and will plan on taking all of us to the conference next year."
Director of Marketing Analytics
"The value my client would gain compared to the registration fee approaches infinity - all from two speakers... I am glad I went to the conference in DC and will send someone from my team to the next one if I can't make it."
Strategy & Analytics Associate Director
Starcom MediaVest Group
"A great conference. Everything is perfectly organized. It is nice to see many well-known data miners."
Chief Scientist and President
Business Data Miners
"This is the conference to attend for anyone using predictive models, considering a related project or interested in the value that predictive analytics can bring to their business"
"An excellent conference... The attendees are analytically savvy and are using a variety of approaches to deliver value to organizations. It was a very invigorating couple of days!"
Tammi Kay George
Analytics Product Marketing Manager
As stated in her blog
"Predictive Analytics World... brought experts together to discuss the business potential of predictive analytics inside larger trends in marketing and process optimization."
Editor at Large
Intelligent Enterprise (InformationWeek)
As stated in his blog
"PAW was a great conference. Nearly every session/workshop I attended was full of either 'how-to's' or very relevant case studies facts."
Paul B. Felix
"Predictive Analytics World has shown me how companies are generating positive ROI from a range of predictive analytics application - I really enjoyed it!"
"Predictive Analytics World was probably the best analytics conference I have attended, from a knowledge point of view, in a long time...[and] turned into my new must-go-to conference."
Dennis R. Mortensen
Director of Data Insights
As stated in his blog
"Despite limited modeling experience, I was able to draw parallels between speakers in various industries and the types of analysis we do at uShip. Everyone seemed excited to be attending despite the economy. We left San Francisco with a long list of actionable items-can't wait to see what's on tap for next year!"
Michael C. Foroobar
Sr. Associate - Strategy, Reporting, and Analytics
"PAW covers real-world challenges and applications of predictive analytics with the right mix of business and technology orientation. It is full of real-world case studies across diverse industries."
Dr Khosrow Hassibii Ph.D.
Senior Technical Director
"PAW is now on my short list for confs. As it directly focuses on predictive analytics & how they can solve business problems."
"This is the Analytical Conference for real analysts and I'm planning to recommend it to my colleagues."
VP Database Strategies
infoUSA National Account Division
"Predictive Analytics World... was very successful... the density of interesting people on both sides of the podium was higher than at some larger conferences. One of the high points for me was a panel discussion on consumer privacy issues."
Founder and Principal
Data Miners, Inc.
As stated in his blog
"PAW opened my eyes to the world of analytics and did a great job of explaining the power, uses and need for analytics within all facets of business. I look forward to attending next year!
I got to ask question after question of successful practitioners. Speakers were very giving of their time."
"PAW has emerged as the best cross-vendor event for predictive analytics."
"The courses [pre- and post-conference workshops] surrounding the actual conference were fabulous."
"If you thought PAW was just for the statisticians, think again. Any role that stands to gain from reducing enterprise risk should attend."
"Predictive Analytics World is an excellent place for organization using or considering using analytics to drive real business change."
"Attending PAW helped me understand how to make analytics work better in my organization."
"Because most of the PAW talks were business-centric, almost every one contained some take-home message for our company. Some of the [other] more technical conferences are so niche specific and technically motivated that unless their data and methods match up exactly with ours, most of the talks end up being worthless."
"Thank you for keeping a full, robust schedule from morning to night."
"The conference provided a good venue for collaboration and networking with commercial application providers and practitioners in the public sector."
"PAW is actionable!"
99% of attendees responding to the conference survey indicated the knowledge they gained at Predictive Analytics World is actionable.
What Participants Liked Best:
- Learning about tools that we don't currently use.
- Speed, dense content, not repetitive.
- Making connections with others facing the same challenges and learning from leaders in the software and techniques that will help my company overcome them.
- Exposure to new ideas and new techniques
- Interesting speakers that provided valuable messages. Focus on making analytics work within an organization. The 2-minute elevator pitch session was a good idea.
- Nice variety of subjects - I did like the 2 minute commercials to get a quick view on vendors.
- Great topics! Lots to think about and to try to implement back at my company.
- Balance of technical and business content across both days.
- Customer-driven case study sessions.
- Networking opportunities; excellent keynote speakers.
- Presence of thought leaders.
- Availability of presentations post-conference - these will be important references.
- High level of expertise, great speakers, use cases + best practices.
- Experts from various analytical backgrounds in one place; good networking.
- Interesting range of topics, especially the practitioners who presented personal case studies.
- I liked hearing and seeing all the different techniques being used and also the broad trends in the industry.
- Quality of presentations.
- Specific topic talks that gave me real ideas to take back to my job and implement.
- Pace, schedule, overall atmosphere, people.
- Variety, applicable industries.
- Audience/content. Fills a niche where needed; exposure to data/tools/practices is valuable.
- That it appealed to all levels.
- Sharing analytics knowledge and real-life experience implementation.
- Learning about new predictive analytics methods.
- First the website, agenda and operations were very good. Second, a good mix of practitioner-level and stakeholder-level content.
- Small enough to cover but large enough to provide interest and quality.
- That the conference wanted to talk to practice and application of predictive analytics.
- Gave me a good sense of how and why people are using predictive analytics in the industry.
- There were a variety of presenters with good business cases.
- Success stories - "proof points" shared that reflect benefits and $$ saved using predictive analytics.
- Dr. John Elder's [plenary] talk.
- Presentations by Dr. John Elder, Kim Larsen and Dean Abbott.
- Quality, expertise of leadership and presenters. Thanks for the [birds-of-a-feather] lunch sessions. Appreciate the robust schedule; no fluff.
- 1) Diversity of the case studies. 2) Focus on the trends and "buzz". 3) Well-known, experienced speakers. 4) I like the way Predictive Analytics World focuses on Application rather than algorithms.
- Sessions with insight to methods employed as well as solution to business problems.
- Practical presentations with new ideas I can use.
- The 1-day hands-on pre-conference workshop.
- The variety of content.
- Networking, talking to other practitioners.
- The interaction and availability of speakers.
- The highest density of interesting people of any conference I've attended recently.
- The ability to network and learn from other industry practitioners... [I] particularly enjoyed the case study approach.
- I enjoyed the tips for implementing analytics in a professional setting.
- Excellent insights from different industries... I like the openness of participants to discuss and share ideas. Lots of that here.
- Good intro to what's possible, what people are doing. As a newcomer it was very helpful to see the landscape.
- Brilliant keynote speakers. Relaxed and open attitude.
- Excellent mixture of topics.
- Solid content.
- A lot of case studies.
- I met a lot of good people and found numerous similarities in our work.
- Perfect mix between high level presentations and technical presentations, variety of speakers,quality of speakers.
- Practical focus on implementing Data Mining for improved business outcome/decisions/benefits.
- Audience participation. Good balance between traditional & new applications.
- Not just focused on math or technology.
- To listen to how others do their models, learn from others, share challenges. Networking. Panel discussions, talks by Dr. Weigend, uplift modelity.
- Very focused, not a typical DM/Database Mining conference. High quality presenters, diverse industry represented.
- Good variety ,modeling, adoption, impact culture, change organization.
- Case studies (but keep them unique)
- Cross discipline.
- Only conf. For PA applications.
- Networking, pace of presentations, diversity of applications.
- Cross industry contacts.
- Speakers were very good. Turnout of practitioners of pa was high.
- Case studies/ability to see approaches from multiple industries.
- Being able to take away comprehensive overview of the state of PA.
- PAW was successful in bringing together cross-industry professionals and practitioners from the world of predictive analytics. It was a great venue for networking, learning, and sharing!