PAW Manufacturing Chicago - June 19-22, 2017 (Speaking days June 20-21)
Speaker proposal deadline: October 21, 2016
Speakers will be notified by: January 06, 2017
If you would like to receive PAW call-for-speakers announcements and notifications as they arise for future PAW events, please provide your email address here:
All speakers: Please read this call for speakers in its entirety before proceeding to the speaker proposal form (below).
Software vendors: If you are a software vendor, read this restriction on speaking.
Join Predictive Analytics World (PAW) for Manufacturing to share how predictive analytics delivers a business impact for your organization. PAW Manufacturing is the only conference of its kind, with sessions and content reaching:
- Across business applications - For what purpose is predictive analytics deployed?
- Across vendors of solutions and software - How is predictive analytics deployed?
- Dedicated to the Manufacturing Industry
Present Your Case Studies
PAW Manufacturing provides speakers the opportunity to present predictive analytics case studies, deployment successes and lessons learned. At this event, potential consumers of predictive analytics witness proof demonstrating it's more than just a bunch of great ideas - predictive analytics is actively applied to optimize many business functions across industry verticals. And predictive analytics practitioners have the opportunity to gain from the lessons you've learned, whether by serendipity, or - more likely - the hard way.
Evaluation - how well did it work? Case study proposals will be given highest consideration if specific measurements of deployment performance are included, especially when measured in comparison to a control group.
Name and Include the Company That Benefited
As a business event, we emphasize named case studies. Naming the company that benefited makes your session much more effective. It is a strong selling point to attract attendees to your session, rendering the case study more concrete and adding credibility. Attendees will feel, "I want to know what that company is up to!"
If you are an analytics vendor or consultant, check with your clients for permission to be named during your presentation, and consider telling them that numerous brand-name Fortune 500, mid-tier and dot-com companies have permitted named case studies at Predictive Analytics World. See the PAW home page for the current list of companies covered at the next PAW, and previous PAW programs for the companies covered in the past.
Even better, ask if your client would be interested presenting themselves, or copresenting. Most case study sessions at PAW Manufacturing do include the client as a presenter. Many predictive analytics "users" would jump at the chance to present (and receive a free pass to attend), and their presence during the session gives another boost to credibility, ensuring an informed view of the organizational context and the deployment results.
Present Your Lessons Learned
Your case study presentation tells a story - be sure to include the story's moral. Every predictive analytics initiative provides at least two or three lessons learned. Seek out the strongest and most concise way to state these lessons. Where possibly, make them generally-applicable in that they apply across industries. What turned out to be the greatest challenges regarding the project's management processes, analytical processes, technical integration and model deployment? What turned out to be the most effective solutions to meet these challenges?
Present a New App: Your Innovative Deployment of Predictive Analytics
Sure, predictive models provide a predictive score for each customer to serve decision automation and decision support. But predictive analytics goes beyond traditional CRM and marketing applications where you're scoring customers — scores can also be produced per employee, debtor, corporate client (B-2-B customer), applicant, fraud suspect, beneficiary, and political constituent. With these scores, predictive analytics is applied across a wide range of business applications.
PAW Manufacturing welcomes submissions across this spectrum, since all such commercial deployments share a great deal of overhead, concepts, challenges and requirements. They leverage the same core predictive modeling technology, share many of the same data preparation requirements, integration requirements and management processes, and employ the same methods to evaluate model performance and forecast return-on-investment.
Present Your Analytics Methodology
An alternative to presenting a case study is to illustrate the advantages of a particular analytics methodology. Such presentations must demonstrate the deployed value of the approach, ideally across one or more case studies. The methodology described must be proven as commercially applicable today, as distinct from R&D efforts that show promise or potential for the longer-term.
Make Your Presentation Accessible
While we urge you to make your case study presentations detailed and concrete, many presentations at PAW Manufacturing are intended for a general business audience with no required analytical background or expertise. Make sure the business value of your predictive analytics deployment and the lessons learned are clear to this audience.
PAW Manufacturing's "Expert/practitioner" track includes more technical presentations on special topics such as new, cutting-edge analytical innovations. If you are submitting a proposal for an "Expert/practitioner" session, please indicate this on the speaking proposal form where requested. Even so, within PAW Manufacturing's technical sessions, the focus is commercial deployment rather than R&D. We ask you plan to make at least the first 10 or 15 minutes friendly to the non-practitioners in the audience.
Tell a Good Story - Attract an Audience
Submit a topic that is clear, focused and appealing - your session title and description is the content that will attract an audience to attend your session.
Your session must present substantive content such that the audience can implement and benefit from what is learned without necessarily buying any particular product or professional service. Your session title and description may not name any analytics software vendor or tool, other than non-promotional free software tools (although you may name the vendor and tool during your presentation at PAW).
As a vendor-neutral event, PAW Manufacturing's core program is booked exclusively with enterprise practitioners, thought leaders and adopters, with no predictive analytics software vendors speaking or co-presenting. If you represent an analytics software vendor, or a vendor of a software solution designed to support the development or deployment of analytics, regardless of whether the solution itself generates the analytical model or analytical component to be deployed, you are not eligible to submit the speaker proposal form below. As an alternative, you are encouraged to consider PAW sponsor presentations and other sponsorship opportunities, PAW sponsor presentations and other sponsorship opportunities, and to suggest your clients submit a proposal to speak (point them to this web page).
Speaker Benefits - What You Get:
- Widen your reputation as an expert in predictive analytics
- Strengthen your company's reputation as a leader in predictive analytics
- Gain exposure to consumers of predictive analytics
- Receive free registration to attend the PAW Manufacturing two-day conference (pre- and post-conference workshops are not included)
- Post your bio and a link to your site on the PAW Manufacturing website and in the conference program guide
Given the speaker benefits above, speaking at PAW Manufacturing is considered a valuable opportunity, for which there is great competition. This opportunity entails the significant speaker obligations listed below.
By submitting the speaker proposal form you agree to the following speaker requirements and restrictions:
- Vendor-neutral content. Your presentation may contain no "sales pitches" or sales-oriented material. Although positive exposure is generally a natural side-effect of presenting at PAW Manufacturing, your session must focus entirely (with the exception of a brief, "non-salesy" mention of the software solution employed, if relevant) on substantive content that the audience can implement and benefit from without necessarily buying any particular product or professional service.
- Completed work. The work about which you are proposing to speak must be completed, and any pertinent results attained, prior to submitting the speaker submission form.
- Named case study. If your submission indicates you have authority to share the name of the organization or department that benefited from the deployment of predictive analytics, you must attain, prior to submitting the speaker submission form, such authorization, both for it to be named within your presentation materials, as well as within PAW Manufacturing's event publicity materials and listings. If for any reason the organization subsequently revokes authorization to be named (i.e., "changes its mind"), the session will be cancelled from the PAW program.
- Travel expenses. PAW Manufacturing does not have a budget to cover speaker travel expenses. Speakers are responsible for their own travel expenses. You certify that you have secured funds (or secured authorization for such funds, where applicable) to fully cover your travel expenses as needed in order to attend the event at which you are proposing to speak.
- Speaker cancellation. You certify that you have the means and opportunity to attend and present at the PAW Manufacturing event at which you are proposing to speak, and that you have attained any pertinent authorization, such as that of your employer, prior to submitting the speaker submission form. If your submission to speak at PAW Manufacturing is accepted, cancellation subsequent to PAW speaker registration for any non-medical reason is against PAW Manufacturing's policy and is considered an infraction against meeting your professional obligations. If your submission is accepted, PAW Manufacturing will rely on your participation and will turn away qualified speakers in favor of including your session. PAW Manufacturing begins publicizing your session immediately upon confirmation in order to attract attendees to the event. If medical conditions preclude your attendance at PAW Manufacturing, you agree to make best efforts to notify PAW Manufacturing as early as possible; in such a case, while assistance finding a replacement speaker is requested and appreciated, PAW Manufacturing must screen any prospective replacement speaker, and retains the right to find a replacement speaker on its own.
- Agents and PR staff. If the person completing the speaker submission form is not the speaker (e.g., an agent, assistant, or PR staff), you must enter both your email address as well as the speaker's, as indicated on the submission form. You certify that you are authorized as an agent to submit the speaker proposal form on her or his behalf, and that the speaker has been consulted regarding, and is willing to agree to, the provisions listed here; upon acceptance, the speaker her- or himself will be required to explicitly agree to these provisions via the PAW Manufacturing Speaker Agreement.
- Co-presenters. If you are an analytics services vendor or consultant co-presenting with a client, per PAW Manufacturing policy, the cancellation of your co-presenter will result in the cancellation of your overall session.
- Client co-presenters. If you are an analytics services vendor or consultant co-presenting with a client, per PAW policy, the cancellation of your co-presenter will result in the cancellation of your overall session.
- Session length. You agree to participate in a speaking slot ranging from 20 to 45 minutes, at the discretion of PAW Manufacturing, as determined by its conference program constraints and requirements.
Call-for-Speakers Updates and Notifications
If you would like to receive PAW call-for-speakers announcements and notifications as they arise for future PAW events, see the little registration form towards the top of this webpage.
Speaker Proposal Form
Thanks for reading! Please complete the Predictive Analytics World Manufacturing speaker proposal form.